- Junior Girls games utilize 6 players per side (offense & defense) and are played on a smaller field (40 yards wide x 80 yards long).
- Game length: 50 minutes total (2 - 25 minute halves with a 5 minute halftime). Scores and standings are kept.
- Players may play on both offense and defense if required, but typically learn a position on one side of the ball. They rotate through the various positions at the beginning of the season to gain a better understanding of the game and then are placed on offense or defense.
- Blitzing is not allowed and only 2 players in total on the defense are allowed to cross the line of scrimmage before a handoff, pitch, or pass. This rule is in place to help offensive plays develop.
- Fair play rules set by the MGFA apply (ensuring fair playing time for all players).
- Mustang players are provided with a helmet, shoulder pads, game jersey, football pants, etc. as part of the registration fees.
- Other equipment items are required and are not included in the registration costs. These items are relatively minor and will be discussed prior/during equipment fitting sessions.
- As a general rule, practices begin 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the season. Practice time length is up to the discretion of the head coach and typically last between 1 to 2 hours. Games typically start at the beginning of May and run to the end of June.
- Junior Girls’ teams typically practice twice per week and play games on Thursdays. The number of games played in a season depends upon the number of teams entered in the league for that year.
- Playoffs are held immediately after the last regular season game and culminate with a Championship game that is typically held at Investors Group Field in late June or early July.