- Senior Girls games utilize 6 players per side (offense & defense) and are played on a modified field (40 yards wide x 110 yards long).
- Game length is four 10 minute quarters (regular stop time)
- Players specialize in positions, either on offense or defense. However, there is the flexibility to play more than one position during the season and individual games.
- Blitzing is not allowed and only 2 players in total on the defense are allowed to cross the line of scrimmage before a handoff, pitch, or pass. Once the quarterback has relinquished the ball, however, any number of players may cross the line of scrimmage.
- Fair play rules set by the MGFA apply (ensuring fair playing time for all players).
- Mustang players are provided with a helmet, shoulder pads, game jersey, football pants, etc. as part of the registration fees.
- Other equipment items are required and are not included in the registration costs. These items are relatively minor and will be discussed prior/during equipment fitting sessions.
- As a general rule, practices begin 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the season. Practice time length is up to the discretion of the head coach and typically last between 1 to 2 hours. Games typically start at the beginning of May and run to the end of June.
- Senior Girls’ teams typically practice twice per week and play games on Thursdays. The number of games played in a season depends upon the number of teams entered in the league for that year.
- Playoffs are held immediately after the last regular season game and culminate with a Championship game that is typically held at Investors Group Field in late June or early July.