St Vital Mustangs Hall of Fame
NOMINATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 1, 2018
So what is the St vital Mustangs Hall of Fame?
Founded in 2008, The St Vital Mustangs Hall of Fame recognizes and honours the outstanding achievements of those associated with the development and history of the St Vital Mustangs Football Club since 1948.
|1960, 62, 68 and 69 St Vital Bulldogs||2009||Team|
|Wally and Art McOuat||2013||Builder|
|1987 St Vital Mustang Juniors Armdale Cup Finalists||2013||Team|
How do I nominate?
It's easy to submit a nomination.
First, take a peek at the fine print below. We have a few rules that we want to follow.
Then simply go to our Submit a Nomination page and fill in some information.
the fine print
General Nomination Process Information
- The categories for nomination are Player, Coach, Builder and Team.
- A candidate may be nominated posthumously.
- A candidate cannot nominate himself or herself.
- A candidate can currently be participating with the Mustangs or have been in the past.
- A written statement or testimonial must be included citing the specific reasons the nominee ought to be considered for induction into the St. Vital Mustangs Hall of Fame and how the nominee meets the nomination criteria. PLEASE NOTE: that the research and verification of information is the responsibility of the nominator.
- Supporting materials, a picture and two (2) letters of recommendation must be submitted. Supporting materials must include a chronological history of involvement/achievement and other awards or recognition received.
- Please return the nomination form by April 1st, 2018, to be considered for induction into the St. Vital Mustangs Hall of Fame in 2018.
- A selection committee comprised of a person appointed by the Mustangs Board of Directors, 70th Anniversary Committee Chair and St. Vital Mustangs President will review all Hall of Fame nominations and determine inductees based on information provided to the committee. Final selection is the responsibility of the St. Vital Mustangs Board of Directors.
- The selection committee may grandfather worthy inductees into the Hall based on historical merit.
- All nominees not inducted in their original year of nomination will be rolled over for consideration for the next Hall of Fame induction.
Player Nomination Criteria
- Player must have participated in St. Vital Mustangs teams for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Player must have made a strong commitment to training and shown consistent growth and development in both football and personal growth.
- He or she must exemplify the team player philosophy and have been a positive role model to his/her teammates.
Coach Nomination Criteria
- The Coach must have coached with the St. Vital Mustangs for a minimum of five (5) years.
- The Coach was a positive role model and mentor to the players he or she coached.
- The Coach nominated to the Hall of Fame should have created and fostered a positive team environment focusing on player development both on and off the field.
Builder Nomination Criteria
- Demonstrated long term outstanding service to the St. Vital Mustangs Football Club.
- Shown strong leadership abilities and had a positive impact on the development of the Football Club.
- Open to any individual who has demonstrated involvement in one or more of the following areas; Board of Directors, administration, fund raising, coaching (only if we do not have a Coach award), sponsor, event committees, team manager etc.
Team Nomination Criteria
- Team nomination is usually defined based on the merits of one season.
- Represented the St. Vital Mustangs Football Club with distinction in league or championship play.