- Cruncher games utilize 6 players per side (offense & defense) and is played on a smaller field (40 yards wide x 80 yards long).
- Game length: 50 minutes total (2 - 25 minute halves with a 5 minute halftime). Scores are NOT officially displayed or kept at this age level. As a result there are no wins or losses. Teams do not have playoff games but instead play in a year end "jamboree" as part of Championship weekend.
- Players play on both offense and defense. They rotate through the various positions throughout the season to gain a better understanding of the game.
- Blitzing is not allowed and only 2 players in total on the defense are allowed to cross the line of scrimmage before a handoff, pitch, or pass. This rule is in place to help offensive plays develop.
- Fair play rules set by the MMFA apply (ensuring fair playing time for all players).
- Mustang players are provided with a helmet, shoulder pads, game jersey, football pants, etc. as part of the registration fees.
- Other equipment items are required and are not included in the registration costs. These items are relatively minor and will be discussed prior/during equipment fitting sessions.
- As a general practice, practices begin 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the season. Games typically begin in the middle of August and run through October.
- Cruncher teams typically practice twice per week and play games on Saturdays or Sundays. Teams are designated as "Saturday" teams or "Sunday" teams before the start of the season. Teams play roughly 10 games each season.
- A Cruncher Jamboree has traditionally been held at the Bomber Stadium during championship weekend (late October to early November each season).
- Teams get the experience of playing in the stadium, using the dressing room, and receiving a trophy at the conclusion.
- The Jamboree typically consists of 2 "mini-games" vs different opponents. The stadium experience has been one of the highlights of the season for the players and parents.