- Game play on a standard size field (65 yds x 110 yds) and play four, 12 minute quarters (regular stop time).
- This level follows the fair play rules that are set by the MMFA. Fair play rules ensures that every player on offense or defense plays for a minimum of 50% of the offensive and defensive plays.
- Scores and standings are kept.
- Players specialize in positions, either on offense or defense. However, there is the flexibility to play more than one position during the season and individual games.
- Mustang players are provided with a helmet, shoulder pads, game jersey, football pants, etc. as part of the registration fees.
- Other equipment items are required and are not included in the registration costs. These items are relatively minor and will be discussed prior/during equipment fitting sessions.
- Practices begin in late July. Bantam teams typically practice 3 times per week and play games on Saturdays or Sundays. Practices are generally 2 hours or less.
- Teams are designated as "Saturday" teams or "Sunday" teams before the start of the season.
- The number of practices may also vary based on the time of year and need (such as 4 practices per week before the initial game of the season and 3 per week after that. The number of practices and duration are at the discretion of each individual coach.
- Playoffs begin in October. The Provincial Championship is traditionally played in late October/early November at the Bomber Stadium (Investors Group Field) as part of Championship Weekend.